Friday, May 29, 2009

Hopefully, I am not the only one who has ever done this. For the past two years, I have stayed 34 years old. This wasn't done on purpose or to hide my real age but I was really convinced that I was this old. So, you can imagine how I felt when I did the math this week and it turns out I am about to turn 36. What happened to 35?!!! I am now over the hump, closer to 40. I can hear my biological clock ticking already. Do I want more kids? Maybe, but not anytime soon. I once read that if you didn't want more kids, you wouldn't even ask yourself that question. I guess I feel differently because I have experienced infertility. Now that the pipes are working, I want to have a big family. Not that I could mentally handle more kids. I'll be honest. The two I have now seem to be more than I can handle sometimes.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I've done the same thing...I think right about that same time in my life, lol (the year after I had Judah was a bit of a blur for me). I'm turning 38 this summer. I keep wondering, "Do I want another baby?" I mean I'd LOVE another baby (seeing babies still makes my ovaries twitch), but frankly that emergency c-section I had last time was really hard on me. I would HATE to have to go through that ordeal again...however, the thought of maybe having a little girl...or another little boy (or both, lol) does still appeal. In my family, the women seem to have all had babies (into their 40's) with no problem. We shall see.

I know this much...for as much rambunctiousness as Judah gives us...we can't imagine our lives without him...and I still get that feeling that maybe we should have one more.

Once you're settled in a bit more, perhaps you'll know whether it's a good time. You've still got some time to decide. ;)