Saturday, March 20, 2010

We have been busy little beavers around here. Doing lots of projects around the house and lots of playing outside every day. Well, except for today. Today we are having freakish Texas weather again. One day it is 70 degrees then today its 40. I have always heard if you don't like the weather in Texas, wait 30 minutes and it will change. So true in the winter and spring. Now the summers, Hot, Hot, and Hot. But, up until today, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous and we have been spending a lot of time outdoors while we can before summer comes.



This past week, I have had to go into our neighbors houses. Not because I was invited. But, to get my children OUT of their houses. UGH! Things I have learned, my next door neighbors must never come in my house. Their house was spotless. Even their light colored carpet was stain free. Totally made me feel inadequate. So, why the lack of blogging? I have really been trying to keep a better house. It's a hard job cleaning up after these 2, 3 if you count my husband. LOL He is just as bad as them. Only he does dishes. So, I guess we will keep him around.



Yesterday, I had to go into a neighbor's house across the street to get my kids out of their house too. A big, big house, and they drive very nice expensive cars. But, you know what? They didn't have any furniture in their house. They have lived there for well over a year. Just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover. They have this little boy. I guess he is the same age as Grace. How do I put this as nicely as possible?....He is a turd. Now, my kids are the most well behaved children but this kid is violent. I will never let my kids play with him if I can help it. On a couple of occasions he has almost run my kids over with a bike. Yesterday, we were outside playing and riding tricycles. Noah was on one and turd's little sister took over our other tricycle. The turd boy started rammimg his little sister(and my tricycle) until he pushed her into Noah, pinning Noah's leg into the wheel. I yelled at this kid to stop and he kept doing it. Poor Noah started crying as I was running to him. And the mom? She was outside washing her car and did nothing.

Then the day before all of that happened, Grace was playing next door with a couple of bigger kids and one of them made fun of the way she said broccoli(bwocolli). Which is totally normal. His parents told him not to do that and then he said, she is almost 4, she should say it correctly. Later the mom and I were talking and the subject of Gracie going to speech therapy came up and I am sure she felt even worse. But, probably not as bad as I felt hearing a kid make fun of the way my daughter talks. That pretty much sucked. I felt so bad for her and hoped that she didn't understand what was being said. She is making progress. But she is still not quite where she should be. The majority of her sentences are just 3-4 words.


So, if I start slacking off on the blog again, it's because the weather it still good. But, I will be a better blogger once the hot weather hits.

No comments: