Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mother's Day in Galveston

This year my nieces and I took my mom down to Galveston for their annual home tour. We had the most fabulous time. I hadn't been in a couple of years, nor have I had a break from the kids for a full day, well ever.

My mom and my two sweet nieces, Allison and Em. Can you tell my mom was having a great time?


After Hurricane Ike, Galveston lost most of it's old trees and statues were carved from them.





This house is a 1900 storm survivor. This one was not on the tour this year but was years before.



This porch is grand! Could you imagine summer's on this porch?





And, well this is just funny.







1 comment:

Becky said...

What a great little trip! Those homes were fabulous, and I love the idea of the carvings made from the stately old trees...lemons to lemonade!