Yesterday I went out by myself for the first time since Grace was born. I know, it's crazy. I told my husband I need an intervention. I have come to the realization that this is something that I must make an effort to do in order to be a better mother and wife. As soon as I left the house I felt weird. I missed them. But, I needed a break.
Later that night my husband and I sent Grace to my parents and we went to the movies. Which we haven't done since I was pregnant the last time.
I am suffering from chronic back pain. The more I do, the more it hurts. It hurts when I go to bed and when I wake up. I think that I have an pre-existing injury that is aggravated by the pregnancy. During labor with Grace, all of my pain was in the lower back. I am talking about pain that I could not handle. It was constant instead of coming and going with contractions. I started shaking all over and pain medication did not work. I ended up having an epidural in order to get through it. I am not sure what would have caused that much pain in my back(she was not facing the wrong way). I am a little worried that if it hurts this bad now, how much is it going to hurt in a few months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm glad you got out and then later with your husband - you DO need to do that more often! And ... have you had anyone check your back? You need to have it checked, it could be kidneys, or ... oh I don't know what else (my mother would know) - get it checked before it gets worse. See ya.
Hey Sheri!
Long time, no chat...glad to catch up through your blog.
I wanted to mention that while I was pregnant with Jackson, I had horrible pain in my back...so bad that I would vomit every night. I had a midwife and she sent me to her supporting OB for an ultrasound. He said baby was just sitting on my nerves and would move off eventually. I got Jackson to move that night but the pain came back with labor. Again, no relief even with Stadol. I ended up having a c-section and they found that I had a grapefruit sized tumor wrapped around my fallopian tube, which was causing the horrible pain. The doc did not see the tumor on the u/s because he didn't look far enough north. :-) Could be something you'd want to check into.
Also, I fully encourage home births. If you don't want to have your baby at home... AT LEAST have a doula. She will advocate for you the way you would if you weren't in labor!! Your ob not giving you an answer about your pain and not doing EVERYTHING she can to figure it out is a clear indication of the difference between obs and midwives. You and your baby deserve the very best care available.
How are "things"?
Love,
Erin
Post a Comment