Saturday, April 5, 2008



the easter bunny finally came




Our sweet boy is 10 days old. The past 10 days have been filled with such joy.
Grace is having such a difficult time. Clinging to my husband as if he will disappear any second. She is having meltdowns and is very aggressive. I am so worried what will happen once he goes back to work. This brings on a whole other level of "mommy guilt". I can see this changing her personality and it is heartbreaking.






I am still having milk supply issues. I am now taking several supplements including goats rue but it will take it a couple of weeks to work. He has reflux so we have switched his formula to the one for that.












7 comments:

Becky said...

Awww, Sheri those are such cute picures. And your little boy is just precious.

And girl...this is all just for a season. Truly. Normal occurences like this always seem larger than life those first few weeks after giving birth, because of the hormonal balancing that is taking place.

If I'm not mistaken, you're probably also feeling a bit overwhelmed because your babies are both so close in age, requiring so much of you right now. That, too, is perfectly normal.

But take heart, sister, this too shall pass! In a week or two, you'll realize you've gotten the hang of managing things with both babies and get into a good working groove.

Grace is exhibiting perfectly normal behavior. Being a former 'only child' who has suddenly been joined by a tiny new sibling that demands a big portion of time and attention from parents who used to be able to spend all their time with her will take some adjusting to.

I know you feel bad, and it sounds harsh, but this is something she needs to just learn to deal with now while she's little. And she will. Kids are very, very resiliant this way. The Lord made provision for such things, because untold millions of other moms would deal with the exact same challenges.

Don't worry, mama, after the initial shock wears off, Grace will forget about her 'only child' days and any associated feelings of having been 'dethroned', and will simply adjust to life with a baby brother. In fact, you'll probably have to chase her away from 'loving on him' all the time.

Hang in there, girlfriend...it's just for a season. My older son had 9 years of only child time with us, so the adjustment was much more difficult for him than it was for me as the oldest of my stair-step siblings (born in 18 month increments). But he's adjusted with relative ease, and even commented recently, "I hardly remember the time before Judah was born. It seems like he's always been here."

Jane said...

Ditto to Becky's comment...

wish I were there to help you out. Praying for you!

Carey said...

Love the pics! It sounds like Grace is going through the phases of toddlerhood met with a new sibling. Give it time and she will adjust. Remember to have Mommy and Grace time.

My mid-wife told me about a supplement you can take for breast milk, have you contacted a lactaion consultant? They may have some suggestions?

Praying for you. :)

Becky said...

Thinking about you, Sheri...hope everything is going well. Prayed for you just this afternoon.

Hang in there!

Becky said...

Hope you have a great weekend, Sheri!

I know you're probably super busy with that little one, so no pressure. Just wanted you to know you were being thought of and prayed for!

Carey said...

Thinking of you...hope you are doing well!

Jane said...

hey girl....wanted to let you know that I check your blog basically daily and wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you! Can't imagine how crazy busy you must be with TWO little ones in your home...so I'm praying my heart out for your time and sanity. Hugs and prayers, Jane