Instead of buying a new house, we are now looking at building one. It turns out we can get a new one cheaper than a used one or a foreclosure right now. There is a new neighborhood very close to here that is offering a deal we can't pass up. However, dealing with the mortgage companies is a real headache. LITERALLY! Finding the best deal isn't so easy. The one now wants to charge us up the ying yang in closing costs. And the builder will only be paying about 1% of them since they have dropped the cost of the house. That leaves us looking at around 7,000 plus our down payment. That seems nuts to me. Can anyone recommend a lender?
On a totally different note:
I have had this lump in my leg that I found when I was pregnant with Noah. It has slowly grown a bit larger. I have had a couple of docs look at it and they thought it might be a vein. I went this week to a vascular surgeon and they said that it isn't a vein it is a tumor. They said they could do the surgery but I am not ok with that since they do not specialize it this. I now have to go to someone that does so we can find out exactly what type of tumor it is. I will most likely have surgery soon to remove it because I have already met my deductible this year. I am waiting on a call now from my primary doc to tell me who to see. I will keep you updated once I find out anything.
Fun stuff huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
wow...lots for me to pray about for you. thanks for the updates!
Yikes...it seems like it's just one thing after another, huh? Well, hopefully you can get the house thing settled quickly so that will at least be off your mind! And let us know what the dr. says too...you'll be in my prayers!
Do research on that builder. Ask around. Check out their track record with the better business bureau (BBB). Ask current owners of homes built by them if they are happy with the quality. Make sure they're reputable and their work is quality work. I don't know how it works where you live, but here, we learned that some of the big developers would build their model homes TOP NOTCH, and get 'signed off' to complete work for all the rest of the same types of homes in the development on the basis of that home...only to cut corners and literally throw them up all half-hazardly, using cheap quality materials. The home we moved out of was one such home. Beautiful LOOKING, but crappy workmanship. I never would have bought in that development and warned others away from it because of that. We learned later that the developers had actually been sued via a class action lawsuit for the same reasons, and restructured under a new name. Lovely.
Not to scare you, but you'll really want to do your research to be sure everything is as good as it sounds.
And check into first time homebuyer programs in your area. Some cities offer them, but you kind of have to ask around. Talk to realtors and ask them if they are familiar with any. We got in on a great one that paid our closing costs for us, and if we own the home for 10 years, we don't have to pay it back. There are programs available, but sometimes you have to ask the lenders for them and kind of insist on them.
I'd also ask parents and others who have bought homes to help you kind of wade through the terminology and such. To understand it all.
Exciting and yet kind of stressful, huh? Just keep praying for guidance through each step...the Lord will walk you through it. He did for us, or we never would've made it to actual home ownership.
Praying for you sweetie!
oh wow. Please keep us posted on your health!
Post a Comment