Monday, December 29, 2008

My test results finally came back from my surgery. The good news it that it was a benign tumor. However, it was not the type of tumor that they thought it was. It is called Eccrine Spiradenoma. Which means tumor of the sweat gland. I literally had to beg and freak out over the phone right before Christmas to get the information from the nurse. I said that I wasn't going to go through Christmas wondering whether or not I had cancer. They had called the day before to say that the doctor wanted to meet with me. Which is a big red flag that something is up. There is something going on because she said that the lab test said that there may be more in there. Which will mean more surgery. That is as much as I could get out of them. I have to wait until the seventh when the doctor comes back from vacation to meet with him. It turns out, my dad had one of these on his face and they had to remove the sweat gland.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I have heard of these sweat gland tumors. My mom had one on her leg, and I have a girlfriend who had several removed from hers, all benign. My mom seemed to think they were related to skin damage from so much sunbathing back in the 70's and 80's.

Hang in there with the living arrangements...it's not forever. This too shall pass!

I know very well your feelings. We've been there and done that with both sides of our family, and it's no picnic. It's a delicate situation, because you're living on their good graces, and yet need healthy boundaries to continue functioning with your accustomed-to routines. Oy.

Many times, grandmas and grandpas do just want to help out, but don't think about the ramifications of the way they approach it. Had she asked earlier in the evening if Grace could watch TV with her, allowing you the option of, "Maybe for an hour or so", that might have actually been helpful, but I can totally understand not wanting it at that late hour. I have had many situations like that over the years, and find that sometimes it's not worth fighting the battle, and other times I have to be firm.

It's hard...close quarters seem much closer when you feel intruded upon. But try and think of all the money you'll save towards furniture and fixing up that gorgeous new home...it'll all be worth it then!

Danielle said...

Please keep us updated. It sounds like you are having a tough time. I can't even imagine. You were right in the bed time tv situation and unless she wants to puit ehr down every night she needs to stay out of it.