Did you know that there are a couple of companies out there that have a record of every single prescription you have ever filled? How do I know this? I was denied life insurance! After requesting my prescription report from one of these companies I learned that there were many errors on it. Several prescriptions said that they were written by a cancer center. I was pretty shocked because I had never been there nor have I ever had cancer. I had to write a letter to the insurance company stating all of this and ta-da, life insurance granted. I also had to write a dispute to the prescription database company to get that fixed too. I still have to get in touch with their competitor to check their records. Isn't this against the whole privacy law thing that every doctor makes such a big deal about? I feel like my privacy has been invaded. It is scary to think that people have our private information with out our consent.
About my tumor. I do believe that it was trauma to that spot that caused it like Becky was mentioning. It is in the exact same spot that I ran into the corner of my footboard over and over.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
still praying for you guys.
ryc: it does stink that Husband had to work...but I do realize that we are VERY blessed that his job will not go away. well not before a MAJOR change in medical care in our country. and then I don't think they will do away with all pharmacist.
put your babies on a plane...I won't let them watch tv till late hours...they NEED their sleep!
HUGS!
That sounds a lot like someone else's records geting confused with yours...perhaps a case of two people with the same name.
We had a similar thing happen when we went to buy our house...something came up in the credit report of someone with my husband's exact name AND birthdate and a $14,000 credit debt that had defaulted. It definitely wasn't his, and we had to dispute it with the company and the credit agencies, too. It was a real pain, but we wouldn't have even known about such a thing had that not come up on our credit report. I'm going to begin checking our credit report every few months just to be certain other such things aren't on there.
I've been staying caught up! I'm so sorry things are not peaceful at your parents. I'm praying that the Lord bring peace and grow you all closer together, even when it seems impossible!
Post a Comment