Saturday, February 21, 2009
I don't think that I gave an update on my leg/surgery yet. I went to see an oncologist and he had never heard of the type of tumor that I had in my leg. I was pretty discouraged but he researched it after I left and then referred me to a general surgeon. I went to see the surgeon about a week ago and he said to go ahead and get it scheduled. He is going to remove a chunk of my leg where the tumor was and then that will get sent off to pathology again to make sure they got enough out. I know, gross. This surgery is going to be more invasive than what I had before. They want to put me under for it but I am not really ok with that. For one, I am still nursing and I don't want any drugs passed on to Noah. Second, I have a really hard time coming out of the anesthesia. I have had a few surgeries so far and each time it has been pretty rough in the recovery room. The doctor said that I would need to talk to whoever will be my anesthesiologist and maybe they can give me something different. Plus, being put under is scary enough. I haven't scheduled anything yet because my husband will have to take a week off to help with the kids. I plan on calling them Monday to schedule it towards the end of March.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
woe. I hope there is an alternatve for you with going under. I will be thinking of you.
Post a Comment