Today I am dealing with the fall out of actually going in my front yard yesterday. It really sucks. Of course, once we are outside, the 3 little unsupervised brats from the cul-de-sac came and invaded our house. They actually walked right into our garage and started pulling our things out and going down the street with them! Ugh! So, they took off with our wagon, broke it, and Grace took off to their house. While this was going on. My husband and dad were loading up our old fridge and took off and left the garage door open. The kids took our wagon out again when I went to find Grace. Their mom was nowhere to be found. And my daughters behavior today after being around them? Appalling. Her mouth and her actions towards her brother are horrible. What the heck am I supposed to do? I have to go out front almost everyday. But, these kids are wreaking havoc on us.
It is really starting to get on my nerves at this point. Can you tell? I am the ultimate pushover. But my dear friend Richard recently told me, "Honey, you are such a sweetheart, but if someone pushes you too far, WATCH OUT!".
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Wow! I'm appalled, too! I think I'd march right over to the house of those kids and have a little chat with their mom. It's something that has to be done carefully, because you don't want to make enemies of your neighbors, and it shouldn't be done in the heat of the moment, but done in such a way as to establish good boundaries.
There is a great book about setting healthy boundaries which can be found at Christian bookstores. I can't think of the name off the top of my head, but it has boundaries in it. Lots of good stuff in there.
Post a Comment