This week I have felt very ill. The very thought of eating...uhg. The other night I had a craving for watermelon and hubby was so kind to go find one for me at 10:30 at night. I don't remember if I felt this way with Grace but I do remember having an aversion to cake. Since I was making them all the time I just thought I was getting sick of them. Hopefully this will pass soon. I go to the doctor next week and I am quite anxious.
Grace has been very, very moody. If she is told no, she clinches her fists, screams, falls to the floor, and cries. I am assuming she is teething. There is no way she would allow me to look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
How old is Grace? The moods may also be because she's getting to that age. Dr. Karp (The Happiest Toddler on the Block) says that "the terrible 2s" can start at 18 months! Right now, when V wants something she says, "have it?" and if she doesn't get it, the screaming/crying begins. Try distracting her with something she loves that she can have or do. This works with V a lot of the time. Distracting or redirecting her help a lot.
And if you don't have that book The Happiest Toddler... you might want to check it out from the library or see if you can find it used. It's got a lot of helpful information.
To answer your questions:
Here are some pictures of Wylie. I've had him since he was 5 weeks old.
http://babyfied.blogspot.com/2007/04/baby-wylie.html
http://babyfied.blogspot.com/2007/05/wylie-relaxing-on-saturday.html
Right now I'm ok about him. Later I might not be. I lost another cat a couple of years ago to pancreatitis and I'm still not really over that! I had him for 14 years.
And we also have Grace (yes, I named my daughter after my cat. But it's such a wonderful name!)
Here's Grace: http://babyfied.blogspot.com/2006/11/best-cat-in-universe.html
Violet didn't start really saying more than a few words until May of this year, which would have made her 19 months old then. In the past two months (20 & 21 months) she's had a language explosion. I wouldn't worry too much about Grace's talking. With Violet, even though she didn't (and still doesn't) say as many words as other kids we know (some are even younger than she is), I was always very aware that she knew what a lot of words meant. Like if you're reading a book and you'd ask her where the cat is or where the butterfly is, she could point them out.
Hope this puts your mind at ease. My mother in law says my husband didn't say much of anything until he was 2 - then he suddenly started talking and never stopped!
Honestly, I wouldn't worry. Has she been to her 15-month well baby exam yet? What did the doctor say?
Does she play? Does she engage with you? Does she obviously understand what you're saying when you say things to her? Like if you tell her - go pick up the ball - can she do that? She smiles? She interacts? She's aware of what's going on? If the answers to these questions are yes, I think all you need to do is continue to read to her, continue to talk to her. Talk to her all the time. Play music for her and sing to her. Tell her what you're doing and why and describe the colors of everything and anything else you can think of. She'll get it. There is a wide range that's perfectly acceptable for beginning to speak. When she first starts, you won't be sure that what you're hearing are actual words, but they are. Trust me, most of the time the only person who can decipher what V is saying is me! Chair is "cahr" and her "s" comes through her nose and sounds more like she's sneezing. But she's still learning. It's hard to move your mouth to make all the right sounds!
Sheri - send me an email at babyfied@bellsouth.net so we can talk about it more privately and I'll email you tomorrow.
I can totally sympathise. I tell my friends I had 'morning' sickness for almost the whole 9 months. Other moms were quite surprised I was still throwing up at 7-8 months almost weekly. It was a baaaaaaaaadddd time, so bad I just lived every day just to get the day over with. I hope you feel better real soon and it doesn't affect you as much.
And I had watermelon cravings too! I could almost eat a whole watermelon by myself that time. And there's a traditional warning against eating watermelon when pregnant in this part of the world. Hehehe...And well, no surprises that Sweetie loves watermelon??
Post a Comment