It was a long week. My husband was on vacation. I don't mean for this to sound too bad but, I am glad to have him go back to work. Sigh. Too much of something is not a good thing.
Grace did enjoy having her daddy around for a change. However, she is one cranky girl today since daddy is not here. Unfortunately, she is covered with scrapes and bruises from her wild week with dad.
We did lots of running around buying Christmas presents. He also turned the big 30. I think he had a hard time with it. I remember turning 30 was hard and depressing. Mostly because I did not have any children and it seemed like it would not happen. Thank God that he did have that in his plan for us.
On the subject of Christmas presents. I found myself scared and frustrated when looking for presents for Grace. All I could think of is lead and made in China. I did end up buying a sock monkey, The Jungle Book movie, Melissa and Doug Puzzles(made in china), and a book called God Gave Us Christmas. From the same author that wrote God Gave Us You. The first book we bought Grace when I was pregnant. I made my husband read that book over and over to my belly.
I hate that I have to feel such guilt for everything that I want to buy for her. Our children deserve better.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Did you check out some of the Step-2 toys? They mostly are made in USA...they have some cute things.
Don't be too hard on yourself...As long as you are trying to be the best mom you can be, that is all that matters. Think of all the stuff we lived through! I remember riding in the car (front seat), no seat belt, at the prime age of 4! I hit the dash a few times. I maybe a little dysfunctional, but turned out ok. ;)
Happy belated Birthday to your husband. I have bought only 2 presents and that is not good - I need to get started!! Have a great day.
We bought her the push buggy car from step 2 last week. She loves it! We eve push her around in that in the stores instead of the stroller and she doesn't complain. My mom bought her the kangaroo climber for christmas also. I think I will check out their website for more.
There's also this brand called PLan Toys which is made from rubberwood from trees that are no longer producing rubber. So supposed to be ecofriendly as well. I like the cute alligator. Sweetie likes the ball pounding things.
oh, I checked out that step 2 brand http://www.step2.com/, and noticed some of their stuff are made in China? Like here: http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1448
Post a Comment