Yes, we are having a boy. We are very excited. Everything else on the ultrasound looked good. The place we went to had a large flat screen mounted on the wall and you could see the entire thing. That was really great. No straining to look up at a small screen next to you.
I have been thinking about labor. I have asked my ob several times if she had any idea what would have caused the back pain during my labor and how to avoid it. But, she never gives me an answer. Hmmm. I have also been thinking about support during labor. We attended child birth classes the last time and I guess I had unrealistic expectations that my husband would be my support during labor. If I need ice chips, he is the man. He told me last night that he thought he was a good birthing partner since he was standing there next to me as I pushed. LOL, I told him that I needed help to get through the other 17 hours. I have been thinking of a doula. I also want to be more informed this time when it comes to interventions. I think that if the doctor wants to for example give me pitocin, then I would like it discussed with me first instead of just doing it and getting an explanation of "the doctor wants to do this". What childbirth methods would you suggest? Have you had any experience with Lamaze classes or a doula?
Lastly, if anyone(my mom) walks in and hands me a magazine during labor and says "I brought you this magazine to read this article on how to improve your marriage", you will get kicked out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Congratulations!
If i were you, I would get a doula (if you can afford it, though I hear many will barter/work something out). I wish I had had one with V. I had a c-section last time but am considering trying a VBAC next time. If so, I will definitely hire a doula.
Congratulations!! Wow - how exciting. I just love the sonogram part! I had a c-section with my twins and then a v-back with my son and then a c-section again with my daughter. We went through lamase, but my son was induced and I couldn't hardly stand the pain, so I finally agreed to the epidural -SO THE RIGHT CHOICE!! I had epidurals with all three deliveries and I am glad I did - but I have many friends that went all natural and managed just fine. I could not have stood hours and hours - I'm not familiar with a doula (?) - maybe that's the way to go. Congratulations again! See ya.
Congratulations!
I believe the back pain is caused when the babies back is facing your spine before heading out the birth canal, which makes them less flexible in there, hence the pain. That was the case with my son, anyway.
I've heard that hiring doulas is the way to go. Wish I would've thought that through a little better...might have saved me from having to get an emergency c-section. Read everything you can about unassisted childbirth (gives you really good info and answers to lots of things doctors don't talk much about), and then pray about which way to go. The Lord will guide you through it.
Hey Sheri - Thanks for coming over and leaving the nice Anniversary wish. Have a great weekend and see you soon. Kellan
Congrats! I had an emergency C, so can't help you out here! Good Luck!
Post a Comment