Beware of pancreatitis -- it can be life-threatening
Don't be tempted to give your pet a big plate of turkey and trimmings -- it's so much higher in fat content than the food your pet is used to that it can trigger pancreatitis.
Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas that causes digestive enzymes to be released into the body cavity. This can cause your pet to have abdominal inflammation. This is a very serious problem and can be life threatening. The best way to avoid Pancreatitis is to not share your turkey dinner with your pet!
Signs of pancreatitis:
Severe vomiting
Tense, painful abdomen
Lethargy/listlessness
Refusing to eat
Refusing to drink
Call your veterinarian immediately if your pet shows any of these symptoms -- the faster you respond, the better your pet's chances of recovering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
This is funny because I was just wondering how you were doing and I looked at my bloglines and you had just posted.
I had a cat with pancreatitis. And I hardly fed him table scraps at all. Unfortunately, it happens sometimes. I miss him terribly.
Post a Comment