Looks like we are going to get hit head on by hurricane Ike. We have decided to stay and stick it out. We are pretty close to the coast. Just 30 minutes. However, after Rita, I cannot get on the roads and risk getting stuck with kids and animals. That was horrific. 2 days stuck on a freeway, people smashing everyone's cars, mine included. I was pregnant at the time and didn't know it. The animals almost died too. Definitely not worth risking it.
We had to come back to my parents house. We have looked at a couple of houses this week but they were not something I would want to live in. I went to the apartment last week and it was FILTHY. I had to ask them to clean it twice. It is still not clean. It is also infested with ants. I guess if we move in there we will have to take care of that stuff ourselves. Which is fine.
Things are better here at my parents. The tension has died down. I think all of the stress last week made me have a major meltdown. I am trying to be quiet and listen for guidance this week. Thank you for all of your prayers. I have felt really at peace this week. They must be working!
Yesterday, Grace was out in the backyard running around with my dad. They have two boy dogs. One is fixed and one isn't. The one that isn't sometimes growls at the other and attacks him. With humans, he is always a loving, slobbering dog. I have even popped this dog on the nose from jumping on me and he has never done anything. Anyways, Grace pulled the dogs hair and he started growling at her. She huddled on the ground and he hovered over her. My dad was able to get her in time and snatched her up. I was completely sick to my stomach over this last night. She will never be allowed to go out there again. That dog needs to go. I am a HUGE animal lover but that dog doesn't belong around children. Even if he get fixed it will still be in his head to be that way.
Last night was Noah's first taste of food. He spit it right back out. Grace was watching every bite he made. I have not seen her so interested in him before. It was so cute. Once he was done, she climbed in the bouncer and wanted me to feed her too. So I figured I would feed my other baby too. :)
She touched the spoon to her lips, tasted it, and gagged. I promise you she almost threw up. LOL
It was HILARIOUS!! I have video of it but I am on dial up here. I will have to post it once we get settled somewhere.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I don't blame you for not wanting to be stuck in the car with kids and pets for who knows how long, but do stay safe.
Funny how toddlers want to 'go back' to baby things, but then don't like it one bit.
I'm babysitting our friends two toddler daughters, the youngest is a barely walking 1 year old. Judah gets kind of jealous of her at times because I can scoop her up and hold her in my arms. He's too big for that now, lol. Kind of reminds me of that kids storybook, "I'll Love You Forever" where the mom is holding her big giant kid in her arms, lol.
I hope you and your family are ok...the video on the news looks pretty bad.
praying for you.
Continuing prayer for you and your family. Big hugs
Glad to hear things have settled a bit. I am thinking of you all!
Post a Comment