We are all ok. Other than being exhausted physically and emotionally. That was one frightening hurricane. The house did get surrounded by water(all 4 acres) but did not make it into the house. We have been without power, phone, and water ever since. Up until last night, we had to turn on the generator just to use a phone. Our neighbor let us borrow one without a power cord. We haven't had any cell phone service either.
We had to drive 2 hours away the other day just to get gas since there is a gas shortage. We were able to get a generator a couple of days ago but it takes gas to run it so we have only been able to keep it on a few hours a day. Our water and food supply are getting very low. Seriously, eating only processed foods is starting to make me ill. I don't think I will eat any for a very long time after this. What I would do for a hot shower! We have been trying to find a hotel room everyday but there isn't any available near houston. The closest was san antonio and that is 3-4 hours aways. Quite a long drive for hubby to go to work. Ha Ha
We were very lucky to not to sustain any damage. Once we were able to get out, there are trees down everywhere. The road was completely covered by them. Our town has been completely shut down until yesterday. Some areas started getting some power up. There hasn't been any help in our town either. However, all of the neighbors have really banded together to help each other. When we were out after the storm, there is a real small town friendliness now. Everyone is different in a good way.
We haven't been able to see many news reports of the surrounding areas but I did see a few the day after. I am completely heartbroken over Galveston's damage. That town is a very special place to us. We spend a lot of time there.
Our new place isn't going to work out. There are too many things guiding us away from it. The building had major water damage. Plus the neighbor informed me that he would be playing his drums all the time. NO THANKS. That topped it off. LOL I think that we should look closer to my husbands job.
Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful, perfect day. Today looks the same. The kids are very cranky today so I am going run and get them outside. Thank you all for the prayers.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Thank God y'all are safe and sound. I've heard that they've suffered power outages and shortages all the way up to Kentucky/Ohio due to Ike. That was a massive storm!
Glad your folks place didn't sustain any damage.
Was it Galveston where the exotic pet collector lost a Lion and Tiger in the middle of the storm? We've been seeing on the news where some guys lion and tiger have been on on the loose since the storm...and I think it was near Galveston somewhere. Could you imagine?!
I think I'd look a little closer to your hubby's work, too. A shorter commute would be nice for him, too, huh?
Stay safe...I've heard there are lots of power lines down in many areas due to the high winds and fallen trees.
Continued prayers for y'all!
Glad you and your family are doing ok...
Big hugs! Praying the Lord continue to guide you to the perfect home and that His peace continue to reign in your days without power.
Wow...that is crazy! I'm so happy that you are all safe and sound though!!
still praying for you guys to get a home!
Post a Comment