Friday, August 7, 2009
After I wrote my post yesterday, Grace went poo in the potty! Then again today. Everything seems to go well as long as I keep her diaperless. Which isn't always going work. As soon as I put one on her, she goes in it. In fact, when she has to go poo, she begs for one. Hopefully, we can keep this up and get past the nakedness stage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Hi Sheri,
I just read through your blog to catch up on everything. LOVED the sleeping tots pictures after Disneyworld. Adorable.
Meltdowns can be so tiring. There are a number of factors that could come into play...travel, a recent move with things still feeling out of kilter to the kiddos, overstimulization (Disneyworld and the array of choices and things to see and do can be pretty overwhelming for adults!) overtired and just a general lack of comfort due to being out of her comfort zone. James Dobson's "The Strong Willed Child" is a really helpful resource for any parent.
Letting the kids go naked for a few days is a quick way to familiarize the child with their natural body "potty" signals, but for Jeff and I...we had to make sure WE were listening and immediately jump into action when our boys would say, "I need to go potty". Once they get the hang of it and are going on the potty, praise them to the skies...gush over it. Brag on it. Make her feel like she is a big girl now, and let her know how proud you are of her for that accomplishment...and then reward her. Stickers on a chart, or candy or whatever it takes. My sister always kept a gummy bear jar on the top shelf in her bathroom. Whenever the child went, wiped, flushed and washed...she would come in to check, and would get the jar down only if it was all done right...which they quickly learned to do. It got to where they were looking forward to those gummy bears...and then one day, when they were established in potty training...the jar 'ran out', and my sister never refilled it. Worked great for them.
Post a Comment