Lately I have been sneaking in foods in order to get more nutrients into our meals. Tonight, it was steamed cauliflower into the mashed potato's. However, as soon as I put the cauliflower into the food processor Grace assumed they were mashed potato's and wanted them. I figured what the heck and dumped them on her plate and sprinkled a little cheese on top. She gobbled up 2 helpings of the steamed/pureed cauliflower without even blinking an eye. She didn't even want the real mashed potato's when they were done.
By the way, you cannot taste cauliflower in mashed potato's. NO ONE will be the wiser.
Still rockin' on potty training. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Ever since Jeff and I went on the South Beach Diet, we've been doing those in place of mashed potatoes, and don't miss the real thing one bit.
I love seeing a kid enjoying veggies (even if they are none the wiser, lol). I often sneak extra veggies (like shredded carrots or zucchini) into my salsa for taco night. The kids love tostadas and tacos, and I've gotten them to eat all manner of veggies this way, lol.
Great tip! Thanks, Sheri!
Post a Comment