Today I am frustrated,exhausted, and pissed. Grace went to get her speech evaluation today at Texas Children's. First of all, I waited and waited, went up to the desk after waiting 45 minutes. Waited some more, actually, I was running after both kids the entire time. One girl said, "oh she hasn't come out here to get you yet? I am going to call her". Uh no! I am here! Waited some more.... The speech therapist asked me how long was I out there because she didn't know we were there. Whatever.
By the time we went back I was spent and so was Noah. The lady started off by dumping toys all over the floor and then wanted Grace to focus on a spiral notebook instead of the toys. Then the lady got irritated because she wouldn't and based the test on Grace's answer's (or lack of) on the notebook. She is 3, what 3 year old isn't going to pick new toys over an outdated spiral notebook? Long story short, Grace ended up being tested at a 2 year level. Which, I understand she is behind but not that behind. AFTER the evaluation I was given names of where I could take her. What the heck did I bring her there for? If I wanted to go elsewhere, I would have. I asked can't I just take her here to get therapy? She said yes but it is a long wait. Ok, how long of a wait? Gosh, I don't even know, maybe a year. Needless to say, they are going to get an earful tomorrow. I find that REALLY hard to believe. I eventually cried once I got to the car. It is really hard to hit a brick wall when all you want to do is get your daughter help.
UPDATE:
I had to call and talk to 3 different peeople to get the report. The third person finally looked into why I hadn't gotten it. Turns out that it was sent to our old address even though they had my new one in the system. This means that some stranger got all my daughters personal information.
Once I got it in the mail, I was shocked and disgusted to read it. It is filled with lies and inaccurate information. This lady obviously was mad that I called her supervisor and complained about our visit . I won't be paying one cent of their bill and I am going to file a complaint higher up.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment