Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Doctor's Visit

We had another ultrasound yesterday. We saw the face, hand, and the whole body from the side. We didn't get a good picture though. It was so cute. The baby kept jumping all around.
She said that the spotting might be due to an infection so they took a test and I will find out the results in a few days. They wrote me a prescription but I am going to wait to see if it is even necessary before I put medications in my body.

I have been able to keep my weight a secret from my husband for 6 years now. Yesterday, they handed us a sheet that had all of my personal info on the top of it. Of course, I was unaware of this and told him to just read what the paper said. He says "your weight at your last visit....WHOA!".
Oh well, he never thinks before he speaks. I guess it is just one less thing I have to hide.

Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? The show about autism. You know I have a great concern's over the safety of vaccines. I mentioned all of this to Grace's pediatrician and he shot down all of them. Particularly the one about the connection between the MMR vaccine, the whole vaccine schedule, and autism. I just find it odd that these kids are fine then they get their two year shots and boom they change. The lady taking my blood yesterday at the doctors office has a grandson with autism. The rate is significantly higher in boys. She said he was a smiling happy kid until he got his 2 year shots. This is very scary. I am glad that it got this kind of exposure on tv. Parents need to be informed. They also mentioned that they were taking wheat and gluten out of their kids diets and there was improvement. You can check out what was said on the show yesterday.

2 comments:

Carey said...

I had this issue when my jelly bean was getting her shots...I was concerned mostly about the flu shot.

The perservative that they attribute to autism is Thimerosal. It is not in the mmr shot, however it is in the flu shot. Thimerosal is mercury. Do a web search and you will find information about autism.

My question has always been, if they evacuate a block due to a mercury thermometer breaking, why are we injecting it into our bodies?

FYI- Doctors can special order vaccines without Thimerosal. (Some however, may not be willing...due to cost.)

Sheri said...

Vaccines also have other questionable ingredients like formaldehyde. A good book to read is What your doctor won't tell you about childrens vaccines.