Friday, September 14, 2007

Questions.....

How do you get your kiddo's down for a nap?

Is it just me or are you totally paranoid about driving since you had kids? Is everyone out there a crazy driver or what?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been resorting to this sarong thingy which we've been using in this part of the world since who knows when. I believe I myself was in a sarong. It is a piece of cloth on a spring (will blog up if I ever get a good pic) that you pull up and down. Of course, nowadays you hear a lot of people saying things against it, safety and otherwise. I'm not sure about these but I guess nothing's 100% safe and just cos people used it for hundreds of years doesn't mean it's safe. Well, anyway, it gets the job done. I stayed away for so long, and even disapproved mom from putting sweetie in when she was a baby but somehow have given in due to sheer exhaustion sometimes and need for some me-time. And now sweetie seems to like it even more than ever though she should be weaned from it by now.

Sheri said...

I would be very interested in seeing that. I don't think that I have ever seen something like that before.

Maya Papaya said...

I nurse her to sleep. It's the only thing that works for me. I have a feeling that if we have another baby next year, I'm going to end up nursing two kiddos. V isn't giving up the nursing anytime soon.

Sheri said...

That's awesome. I wish I could do that. I had a terrible time. I was starving grace to death and had to put her on a bottle. I quit breastfeeding only after a month. Following very bad advice. I am determined to nurse as long as possible this time even if I am just a snack. :)

Maya Papaya said...

Good luck! We're going on two years now. And I'm going to let her self wean. So there, everybody! Take that!

Just kidding. I don't usually talk about it because so many people think it's weird. But it's obvious to me how attached she is to bf'ing and I'm not going to take that away from her.

Obviously some people can't or don't want to do it, but if you can make it work, I really think it's a rewarding experience in so many ways. And by this time there's none of the physical discomfort there was at first.

Maya Papaya said...

Find a La Leche League in your area if you can, for support. Or even a Yahoo group.

For me, it was a good 3 to 4 months before I stopped being so uncomfortable. And I got bad advice at the hospital that V was "starving" but luckily I had a good lactation consultant. She did get a little formula too at first, but eventually we didn't need it.

And you can always email me if you have any questions. I may not know the answer, but I'll try.

Sheri said...

I think it is our generation. I don't know why they are so weird about it. Hello? It is what they were made for LOL. All of my immediate family(mom and sis)and friends had no experience with it. I think that I won't feel like a failure this time since I know that I have production problems. As long as a child wants it, rock on. LOL

Anonymous said...

breastfeeding is the "in" thing now here and all new mommies are very encouraged to breastfeed, esp at the hospitals. Guess the campaigns have been successful as most mommies I know did breastfeed but some couldn't for very long, but they did try.