
I am doing much better. I have been taking a probiotic to keep the yeast and thrush away from Noah. So far so good. Thank goodness I learned about taking that while on an antibiotic. I don't know if it is that or not but I feel really good.
Noah is such a happy baby. He has started to laugh a little and smiles all the time. He gets so excited if he is in his swing and he sees me come to him. He is so precious.
My husband is working 7 day a week with 12 hours days, sometimes more. It is getting really hard doing this by myself. It breaks my heart that Grace and Noah are not getting the time that they need with their daddy. The sad part is that I don't think things are going to change anytime soon. He has to find a new job in order for it to and he isn't making the effort. I told him that it will be a lot easier to find a new job than it will be to find a new wife! I just wish he would wake up and see how short life is and stop putting his family last. This isn't the way things should be.




5 comments:
Noah is ADORABLE!! I just had to say that first...he really is so cute. :)
I wish I could come over and give you a big hug though...it must be SUPER hard to be taking care of the kids by yourself all the time, and to know that not only are they missing out on having their Daddy around but your hubby is missing out on something that you can never get back too - time with his own children. I will be praying for you and for him!! I wish I could do something more...but since I can't I will PRAY PRAY PRAY!
He is SUCH a cutie-pie, Sheri!! What a little doll-baby. I just LOVE when babies get to that stage where they recognize you, and get all excited to see you. So sweet!
Sounds like you guys are going through a pretty rough stretch right now. It reminds me very much of our own situation a couple of years ago when I was pregnant with Judah and Jeff was working as a Vice Principal of a school.
Two months into the school year, his boss ended up adding the full-time job of Athletic Director to his job description for no extra pay...while Jeff was in school finishing up his Master's degree and had a pregnant wife and son at home missing him. Oh, and did I mention that the house we were renting sold suddenly, and we were forced to move, so I was packing and cleaning?
Ugh. It was a grueling year for us all. I felt like I was single-parenting, trying to hold down the fort, still keep Jeff fed and happy, meet the needs of our older son in daddy's absence and not fall over from exhaustion from the pregnancy and the stress of the upcoming move, and Jeff was on the verge of a breakdown from all the stress weighing upon him with no apparent end in sight.
That year ended up forcing us to re-think everything. After much prayer and seeking God's will, we realized that the money Jeff was making (the most ever in our lives) no longer mattered...all things considered, it simply wasn't worth him getting worked into the ground and not getting to be part of our daily lives. He had zero free-time to enjoy the fruits of his labor. It was so sad, and the stress and tension were high in our home were at an all-time high.
In the end, the Lord led him to finish out that awful school year's contract, then transfer to another school district over the summer and go back to being a teacher (instead of being administrator) the next fall.
This meant a pretty substantial cut in pay. Sure, it set us back a couple of years in our financial goals...but it was totally worth it in that we got to see him again in the afternoons and evenings and on weekends, the weight off his shoulders, and the smile back on his face. It also caused us to appreciate each other and the simple pleasures of life once again.
I wouldn't trade these past couple of years for anything, even though we've had to live much more frugally than before. All things considered, we didn't feel the 'pinch' as much as we thought we would either, because the Lord provided our every need. He also convicted us of our previously frivolous spending habits. We've been much more careful since, and are finally getting back on track with our financial goals. God made a way when we didn't think there was a way.
I would seriously give some thought to changing your and the kids' schedule around (either by staying up later or getting up earlier) whatever it takes so y'all get some quality time together with your hubby as a family and the two of you by yourselves.
I'd also work extra hard to make your home a haven from the stress of his work day, as it sounds like he's got a pretty grueling schedule. And make sure to express your appreciation for all he's doing.
These kinds of trials of life put a lot of pressure on the husband (to provide, especially with gas prices and the economy what it is these days) and on the wife (flying solo with all the responsibilities of family life)...it can be really hard on a marriage.
You have to be VIGILANT, as Satan is trying harder than ever to stir up division in your little family and break things apart. But with the Lord's help, these times can actually serve to draw you closer to each other and to the Lord, and to learn to weather these storms together.
I'll be praying for you guys, Sheri. Hang in there, friend! With God, all things are possible...even when circumstances don't seem so to man.
Awe! My DH works a ton and it is very hard. He makes good money so he really can't leave. I hope your hubs decides to look for another job. The kids grow so quick! Hang in there.
Noah is beautiful!
Hang in there! The work situation is always tough, hopefully the time will come, sooner rather than later, that he will look for something more family-fitting. Until then, I am sure he wishes he could be there too!
I will continue to pray for you!
i'm praying for you girl (can you tell I'm getting caught up on the last couple of weeks?!?)
being, or acting, as a single parent is hard work...that's why God created Man and Woman so that they could marry and raise their children together! (sorry, this is YOUR blogs and I'm ranting and giving my non-pc views)
Breath in, breath out, and pray for your husband. I have found that I get MUCH better results when I go to Jesus and not my husband with my complaints.
Post a Comment