Monday, December 28, 2009

Broccoli Quiche

I made this for Christmas eve dinner. This was so fantastic! I ate so, so much. I would be embarrassed to say how much I ate. It went so fast that I forgot to take a picture. This was my first time making a quiche and I just made up a recipe from reading a bunch online.

Broccoli Quiche


preheat oven to 350

1 refrigerated or frozen pie crust or make your own if your Martha :)
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
1 1/2 cups fresh chopped broccoli(not frozen)
1/2 small onion finely chopped
1 Tbsp butter
salt/pepper
1 Teaspoon finely chopped garlic or one clove

Over med to low heat melt butter, add onion, garlic, and broccoli and cook until vegetables are soft.

Press 1 cup shredded cheese onto bottom of pie crust. This is so your pie crust will not get soggy :)

Spread cooked veggies on top of the cheese. Combine eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Add the rest of the Cheese. Pour egg mixture over vegetables.

Bake for 45 minutes. Done when the middle is set or you can stick a knife in the middle and it comes out clean.

Enjoy! And don't eat as much as I did.

No comments: