Tuesday, May 13, 2008


Tiger in the boppy

Things are crazy busy. I finally got around to posting some pictures. Noah started smiling around one month. It makes my day to get those. Grace is still yelling all of the time. I know she just wants more attention. It must be hard to have to share mommy and daddy all of the sudden.

I am stretched so thin. My husband works all of the time and he will not be getting any more days off. He is looking for a new job after 14 years in the same company. But, his job does not allow any family time. 15 hour days are the norm.

Grace will be turning 2 in a week! I look at her and it is so strange how big she has gotten. I feel like she is a baby in a big girl's body. She has been going around saying her alphabet and 123 all week. She said Noah for the first time today. I was in the kitchen and Noah was in the swing and I heard MMMM. I went in to check on him and Grace was giving him kisses.

I hope to have my laptop fixed in a week. $200 later. Maybe I will learn to keep my glass of water away from it from now on. Maybe.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Noah is adorable...and I hope things with Grace start to get better...you're right, it must be a tough transition for her to get used to! We'll see how my little guy does when his baby sibling arrives in a few weeks! I will keep you in my prayers...because I KNOW it's not easy when your hubby is working a lot either! We have times like that here too and it's tough.

Carey said...

Thanks for the update! Hope you had a great mom's day!

Becky said...

Glad to see you round bloggyville again girl!

Love that even Tiger is in on the action around there...finding a comfortable new place to sleep, lol.

Noah's smile is DARLING! Contagious, even. You can't look at that picture and not grin from ear to ear, lol. Lil' cutie pie.

That Grace is lovin' on her baby brother is a great sign that she's adjusting well. My aunt, when she was toddler and was 'dethroned' by my mom's birth, went through an alarming phase of trying to flush her favorite baby doll down the toilet she was so upset by the intrusion (not to worry, they are best buds now, lol). It took her a lot longer to adjust. But Grace sounds like she's right on schedule. What do they say...it takes 30 days to create a new habit or break an old one? She's doing well.

When you start getting your energy back and things have somewhat leveled off to a routine and you can have special time with her during Noah's naps or after he goes down for the night, she'll bounce back to her usual self.

My mom had 4 stair-step children, and I still remember her reading books to the rest of us while she nursed...we got to take turns cuddling with her under her free arm, she kept her voice soft and the babies and the others all benefitted from those warm, fuzzy times.

Danielle said...

Yay Pics! Noah is freakin adorable. I love that first picture. Glad to hear Grace is doing better- it is just an adjustment period for everyone I am sure. Keep those pics coming!!!

Jane said...

Noah is so handsome...love the smile!

never seen a boppy used like that before! lol

Think of you often.