Saturday, September 12, 2009

Everyday...

I have hopes that it will go smoothly. However, this is how lunch usually goes.

I heat up Grace and Noah's food.

Plate it up, get them seated at the table.

So far, So good.

Kids eating, I am heating up my food. Get ready to sit down to eat.

Mommy, can I have some water? I poor Grace, Noah, and I some water. Ok, where was I? Oh yes, sitting down to eat.

Mommy, can I have some milk? Poor Grace some milk.

I am really going to sit down to eat now!

"Noah, sit down!"

Clean up Noah since he just bathed himself in his food.

I try to sit down again. NOPE. Grace needs to be cleaned up now.

Finally, I can eat my lunch. Dang, my food is cold. Reheat food, sit down, and start eating.

I smell something. It's Noah.

Stop eating to change poop. Wash hands. Try this once again.

Noah starts crying. He wants to nurse. It's nap time.

I give up. Maybe I will lose a couple of pounds if I keep this up. Yeah right!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

awe! I never get to eat either. and these days I am too stressed to eat.Thanks for all of your suppoer lately.

Andrea said...

Yep, I totally understand! If my hubby is home to help it's better, but if it's just me?? I almost always eat my lunch after the kids are done and cleaned up...and then they are still begging for pieces of food from my plate, so I only get part of my lunch haha....oh the life of a mom!

Becky said...

It gets easier, mama. You'll eventually hit on a system that works for you.

Only since the school year has begun have Judah and I enjoyed a 'normal' lunch schedule. He takes and early nap, so I usually fix lunch before he gets up and everything is ready to go by the time he's awake. Works pretty well for us.