Thursday, September 17, 2009

They look like they are going to school don't they? Just off to Grandma's.

I just realized these look like Elton John glasses. Hmmm

We have been doing lots of this up until yesterday.
More on that further down.


Yeah, my kids go around like this all day. Ahem, except Grace is usually naked because she will use a diaper if she has one on.





This morning I took Grace for a consultation/mini evaluation at the elementary school with the speech pathologist. She will go back next week for further testing. That will determine whether or not they will help her. I have to say that she was so well behaved. She was a little angel. I really enjoyed having some time with just her and I.
We have been over run with ants. I got covered and Grace has several times. I broke down and bought some ant poison to sprinkle in the yard this weekend. I guess I will have to keep the kids out of the yard for a week or so after. Seriously, they are BAD. Maybe it is the garden? I don't know. We can't even walk in the yard. There isn't even any anthills. They are under the grass in huge areas. I have tried pouring boiling water over them, and just sprinkling the areas with poison. All they do is move.

1 comment:

Becky said...

The kiddos look like twins in the photo at the table, lol. Cute photo with their backpacks on, too.

I loathe and despise ants. We finally broke down and poured poison down the anthills, too.

We tried EVERYTHING first...I read up on all kinds of natural remedies (straight cinnamon, boric acid, soda/vinegar (think kids science experiment volcano solution)...and poured it down their holes. It's like it just sinks down into the sandy soil and doesn't even touch em. Ugh.

There is supposed to be a 'belching compound' that you can make from bacon grease, sugar, flour and baking soda, and you mix it all up then cut it up into 'pearls' as for pie crust. You then sprinkle those all around the yard and they come and carry them off to their hills to eat. Supposedly when they do eat it, it causes the need to belch which bugs can't do, and it kills them all. It's the only thing I haven't tried yet.