Sweet potato and salad with broccoli. I usually bake up about 5 sweet potato's at one time so we have them to eat throughout the week. Grace won't touch them but Noah and I like them. However, Grace really likes salad. This is my chance to get her veggies in her. With a spinach and romaine mix topped with a special dressing. To make the dressing I take low fat sour cream and mix it with a little plain yogurt. Sorry, I don't measure. Just to taste and consistency. I add in ranch dip mix. Here is the sneaky part. Take the raw broccoli and cut off just tips of the sprouts. If minced enough, it blends into the dressing. Grace won't eat broccoli either but she will eat this. Ha Ha And she can be a little inspector of food let me tell you.
Earlier this week I made a pot of minestrone soup. It was so good that Grace even ate it. This is the easiest meal ever! First, I saute minced garlic and onions in olive oil until transparent. Add in a can or fresh diced tomato's and, frozen green beans, and frozen carrots. I try to use as much frozen or fresh ingredients to this soup as I can because the lining in the cans have BPA in them. I let this saute a little longer. During this time, I cut up one zucchini and throw it in. If you want to add new potato's you can do it now. I cut them up so they cook quick. Fill the pot up about 3/4 full of water and add in some tomato sauce. I put in almost a small can but you can put in as much as you want. Cover and let this cook for about 30 minutes. Now I add in little shell pasta(for Grace), drained and rinsed kidney and cannellini beans, and a little bit of frozen(in a bag) spinach. Now, I just let it cook. You could even do this in the crock pot. This makes a massive amount so the next day I put some in smaller containers and froze it. Minus the potato's because I read that they won't freeze well. Seriously though, you can add anything to this soup.
How about you? Got any vegetarian dishes to share?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment