Friday, January 29, 2010

Feeling Numb

This morning was my mom's visit to the oncologist to discuss her cat scan results. My dad and I went with her to be an extra set of ears. She has 2 masses, one on each ovary, both the size of a grapefruit. Originally, her OB told her there was just one mass on the left side. This was a huge blow today. There is also a spot on the bottom of her lung, colon, possibly some fatty tissue, and intestines. The plan is to go in for surgery next week.


My mom is still in good spirits. Probably only because she hasn't taken to the internet to see the statistics. My dad on the other hand did so yesterday and is very scared. I am actually feeling numb today. It hits me when I lay down to go to sleep at night and the house is still and quiet. Would you please say some prayers for mom, my dad, and her doctor? I really appreciate all of the prayers from you all. Thank you so very much.


Blessings,

Sheri

2 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, Sherri...I hadn't been online much in the past few days, and so didn't see these posts until I was catching up just now...and my heart aches for you.

Please know I'm adding Dameron and your family (particularly your mom's situation) to my prayer list.

Isaiah 26:3 says, "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."

Praying for God's peace for you all during the uncertainties that you are facing, and that God's comfort and grace would envelop you all.

((hugs)) Becky

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry Sheri!! What a horribly difficult thing to have to go through...I'm sure I would be feeling more than numb if something like this happened in our family. Please know that I will be praying for you, your family and your mom!!!