Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Shaken

I got a call from my mom yesterday and I could tell from her voice that something was very wrong. She said that she had just left my dad's work because she had to talk to him and was on the way to my house. The only thing I could think to ask was "did someone die?!". She said no and I was relieved and assumed she must have been having more problems at her job.

Once she got here, she told me that she had been at the doctor today for her annual checkup and they had felt something so they did an ultrasound. They found a very large mass on one of her ovaries and her stomach was filled with fluid. The doctor told her that it is almost always cancer. She went and had a cat scan this morning so she should know more in the next couple of days. But, they said it needs to come out right away. Just typing these words terrifies me. She is my mom, the grandmother to my babies.

Would you please keep her and the doctors in your prayers?

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Sheri - Although I don't comment much anymore I still do come and check on you and the kids. When I read this comment, I had to comment and let you know that I will say a prayer for your mom and I hope everything turns out ok. Please keep us updated as to how she (and you) are making out.