I am not sure how much longer I will be off of the computer. Hopefully, I will get my computer back sometime next week. I am feeling a bit cut off from the world. But, evidently I needed a little break from the internet. Apparently, I must be addicted to it because I really miss it. A lot.
It has however made me get up and get moving. Something that I needed to do anyways. I went to my doctor to talk over the lab results because my liver enzymes had gone up since the first test. She wasn't alarmed by the number thank goodness. The norm is 40 and mine was 43 and then 50. She thinks that it is just my weight and wants me to work on that. I will retest in a couple of months. Well, I have lost 3 pounds since my last visit with her. She was excited. We talked about what could be keeping from losing weight. She believes that it is sleep deprivation. Since Noah still sleeps in my bed. She suggested I get him out of there. She also suggested that I wean him but that isn't going to happen. He is only 22 months(almost) and isn't showing any signs of weaning and the longer he nurses, the better for his future health.
Anyways, she asked what I eat on a normal day. Here it is.
Every morning for breakfast is oatmeal with flax and walnuts, and orange juice.
Lunch usually consists of a spinach salad with as much veggies as I can pile on top with some avocado or a black bean quesadilla with salsa. Dinner is usually whatever I can scrounge up or we eat out. Never fast food though. I don't eat it, can't stand it. I also do not drink soda's, only water. This left her scratching her head. What do you think? Could sleep contribute to not losing weight? I am not gaining, just not losing. Plus, nursing is suppose to burn extra calories.
I did a study about 5 years ago for a doctor for patients with PCOS(which I was diagnosed with).
They hooked me up to a breathing machine and had me on a treadmill. They said that I would have to eat 1200 calories a day to maintain my weight and eat less than that to lose. That seems crazy to me. Patients with PCOS also store away fat more than the normal person.
I guess it boils down to I need to work extra hard to get this weight off and get serious about it. I need to be around to raise these kids because if something happened to me, there wouldn't be another person that I would trust to do it. Sad but true.
GOOD NEWS:
My nephew Dameron was discharged from the hospital yesterday! He even gained a few pounds while he was there.
I was able to take Grace up to visit him one night and they went round and round the floor on the tricycle and wagon. He was so excited to see her!
When the guy came around to check his vitals he checked Grace's for fun. He kept checking it and he got really quiet. He then said that he would try a different cuff size on her. Well, after a few tries, he said, I am not liking her blood pressure. It was 130/79. The highest was 138. I took her into her doc yesterday and it was down to 100. I am pretty worried about that. I don't know if it was because of the excitement of the hospital or what. The doctor said that we could come back in a couple of months to check it. But, blood pressure goes up and down and trying to catch it seems nearly impossible doing it that way. I am going to give them a call next week to see how else it can be monitored to be on the safe side. Oh, and we caught a bug at the hospital and gave it to Noah too. Can we get a break already?!
I am going to end on a positive note.
My goal for this next week is to lose a few more pounds and to apply for a lower rate at the YMCA to help us with our lifestyle. Oh, and to get my laptop back. LOL
Blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment