I would love to go to Disneyworld again. But, in the back of my mind I hear "Are you crazy? Take a one year old to Disney?!!!" I am sure lots of people do it. My husband says it is for kids. However, I think it is actually for adults to regress to their childhood. At least that is what it did to me. Has anyone had any experience with small children at Disneyworld and lived to tell about it?
I think we would enjoy a more relaxed vacation. Some where we can enjoy all of God's beauty and not man's. Maybe some where else in Florida...Hmmm




6 comments:
Hi Sheri,
My little guy will be 17 months and we decided to wait until he's older to take him to Disneyland. I don't think he would really and I mean "really" enjoy it at such a young age....his attention span isn't all that yet. We've decided to go to the beach this year. I think he'll enjoy the sand and stuff alot more at his age. We are going on the 23rd of this month so I'll let you know what he though about it!
I have been thinking of doing a mini vacation to Galveston. We only live about 30 min from there. I love Galveston but usually only spend the day there. We have not been to Moody Gardens and I think that would be fun. They have a rainforest pyramid, a beach, and a bunch of other attractions.
I would love to take Grace to the beach. We will have to do that soon. Thanks for the idea Sandy. That is something that all of us will enjoy. Now to get my hubby to take a couple of days off. It might take an act of Congress! LOL
I bet Paul is going to have a blast! you should post some pics when you come back.
I think my husband is thinking that it is not a big deal to take her at this age because his parents took him. He is also thinking that this will not be the only time we will take her. When we do take her, I think I will have his mom come and babysit her at the hotel and also not do the parks every day. So I can stay sain. LOL
I'll post some pictures when we get back. We are about 3 hrs from the beach so this is sort of a "big" trip for us. Not sure how Paul is going to like being in the carseat that long but hopefully he'll sleep most of the way. This is just a "tester" trip so see how things go. I guess being your hubby always went when he was smaller he see's it differently but I really don't think they remember that much at such a young age and plus it costs $$$$$$ so I want to leave an impression on him when we do finally go LOL
Yeah, I am sure she would not remember it. The $$$$$ is a huge issue too. This would be the first time we would have to put alot of money into it. Unless we can get someone to hook us up LOL
I think he would have to make some calls to friends and family that work there.
On our honeymoon, we went to disney and also to Boca Grande. That was nice. The beaches there are gorgeous. I couldn't believe that I could see my feet in the water! LOL The water here is pretty nasty.
Took my girl for vacation (involving plane ride) when she was around 16 mths but it wasn't pretty. :P Heard some parents have a breeze but for her, I could tell she wasn't really enjoying or rather understanding it (the concept of vacation). Rather, because they (young kids) are used to a routine I guess, she was quite upset and restless when her routine was broken.
However, having said that, we recently went on another rather much longer vacation (involving 4 plane rides and roadtrips galore) and it was great fun. She could relate a lot more to what was going on and really enjoyed herself.
I'm not against bringing a young kid for vacation but from my personal experience we all had a lot more fun when she was better able to relate to/understand what was going on.
oh, incidentally, I recently started a squidoo about travelling with a tot at http://www.squidoo.com/tottot
Please do add to it! :)
Post a Comment