Learning to feed a toddler has been a challenge for me. So I have been trying to come up with quick meals. Also, we do not eat meat. This is what she is eating so far:
Frozen fruit:
pineapple
peaches-organic
mango-organic
cherrios(generic organic) She broke out in a rash around her mouth with regular cherrios
cheese quesadillas
bananas
strawberries-organic
watermelon
freeze dried fruit-organic
frozen apples-organic
crackers-trans fat free
canned fruit:
oranges
whole wheat toast
green beans canned no salt added
frozen corn-organic
mashed potato's-organic w/ milk, cream cheese, sour cream, or cheese
grilled cheese
black eyed peas
cooked carrots
shredded cheese
whole wheat pasta-organic
applesauce-organic
brown rice
she also gets water and a couple of bottles a day.
Any suggestions what I can add?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Hi Sheri,
My little guy LOVES LOVES LOVES frozen apples! I cut them into bite size pieces and he will sit and eat them all day if I let him! He also loves pizza toast. I don't know if they have it where you are but it's called "Texas Toast" but pizza style. It's great because it's not real saucey so it doesn't get all over the place!
Hi Sandy,
I have been using that tip since you told me about it with teething. It has worked wonders when her gums are hurting. I bought one of those mesh things. I put the apple in it and she chews on it until it is mush. Thank you for that!
Hi Sheri glad I could help!
You may want to check out the book Disease Proof You Child by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. It's based on high nutrient density foods. Lots of fruits, veggies, beans, nuts...lots of interesting research
Sheri - You might not want to give peanut butter to a 13-month-old because she could become allergic and that would be very bad.
Dr. Fuhrman believes that you can give babies tree nuts (almond, cashew, etc.) after 9 months old. Though if you have food/nut allergies in your family you may want to wait on those too.
I think you will get a lot of information from Disease-Proof Your Child. In my mind, it is a Biblical way of eating. His book for adults, Eat to Live, literally changed my life overnight.
When you read it, let me know what you think. There's an email address on my blog, if you want to email me.
You can also add sweet potatoes with almond butter instead of regular butter.
See this recipe:
http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2005/09/creamy-sweet-potatoes-with-almond.html
There's a ton out there on the internet - you might also do a search on Yahoo groups or at mothering.com of meal ideas for kids. I haven't done this myself, but there just has to be one.
Thanks Maya. I didn't know about peanut butter. She does like sweet potatos. I have not made them at home but have ordered one plain when eating out. I have not been able to find them in a grocery store. Are they the same things as yams? Thanks for the recipe
I think they're close to yams, but not exactly the same.
Where do you live that you can't find sweet potatoes at the grocery store? I see them every time I go!
We looked at walmart and whole foods. Thats funny LOL We live in Houston. You would think here in the south that would be a staple at the market. I will check again this weekend.
Do you give your daughter peanut butter yet? the doc told us not for the first year. He said that about eggs too. Not that we eat eggs.
I also remember reading that it was not good to eat peanut butter when you are pregnant because it can give them the allergy.
I didn't eat peanut butter when I was pregnant, just in case. I still don't yet, because I am nursing, but I do eat other tree nuts (peanuts are a legume). I haven't given peanut butter to Violet (whose middle name is Grace, by the way) yet - she'll be 2 in October. She does eat almond butter, but I only started giving that to her very recently - like in the last month.
She hasn't had any reactions to it. But she also has never had any reactions to any other foods or anything else, so I felt comfortable giving it to her. I remember you mentioned Grace eating something that gave her a rash around her mouth, so you might want to be more cautious.
My doctor told me not to give her peanut butter for at least 2 years - 3 if you have any food allergies in the family.
Post a Comment