Saturday, November 7, 2009

Today I thought we would look on the regular tv channels to see what was on. We usually only have on the christian kids channel, pbs, or Qubo if the tv is on. I really like to watch some of the shows that pbs has on the weekends. Cooking shows or crafty shows. Not that I ever get to watch them. Today we ventured to the other stations. When I saw Grease was on, I got all excited and I figured we would watch that. Well, a minute later they start singing "We're gonna score tonight". Whoa! Not something I needed Grace singing while going down the road with Grandma ya know? It was Grease 2. How is it that all the things I watched as a kid are totally inappropriate now that I see them? Even Wizard of Oz scared me half to death now that I think about it.

Thankfully, the preacher Tony Evans was on the next channel. Noah, he totally cracks me up. He quickly pulled a chair up to the tv and sat down to watch Tony Evans. He must have gotten that from his dad. He was pentecostal and I was a southern baptist. Can you imagine? What a combo. I bet you would have paid money to see the look on my face the first time I went to his church and his mom fell down backward in the isle and continued to lay there the entire time.


Speaking of my husbands family. Please bare with me, I really need to vent since I have been holding all of this in. What would you do if your SIL added your husbands ex-fiance to her facebook? After my SIL called him at work and asked who it was and he told her not even to do that because it would just cause problems. But she did it anyways. Let's just say that I un-friended her. I honestly feel like I am always reaching out to them just to get slapped in the face and it is exhausting to say the least. Now that I have kids who are old enough to actually remember someone and miss them, I feel so differently. They don't call, they don't have anything to do with my kids unless we go halfway across the country to see them. It makes me so very sad for my kids. All you want to do is protect your children. But from their own family?

No comments: