Saturday, January 26, 2008

Nesting

So it has begun. The uncontrollable urge to get things in order around here. I remember with Grace, I switched the bedroom furniture back and forth at least 4 times. That will irritate your husband quick. The guy never knew where he would be sleeping when he came home or what I would ask him to move. I hate to say that those same thoughts are going through my mind. The last time I even had a garage sale and sold almost all of my knick knacks. You wouldn't be able to tell now.
Well, I certainly don't have the energy for another garage sale so I have been packing stuff up and sending it my parents until we can have one. Here is the problem. TOYS. My living room looks like a daycare and it drives me crazy. Plus, I have to somehow fit the swing and other baby items back in here. I keep looking at every piece of furniture wondering how I should arrange it. I guess my husband is lucky the everyday clutter and cleaning is keeping me busy. For now....


OMG! I just noticed I am 31 weeks! That completely freaks me out. Why? Because I haven't done anything to prepare for this baby. I haven't even registered at the hospital. The baby bed is still decorated in pink. I better get busy.

8 comments:

Kellan said...

It is all so exciting - preparing for a new baby!!!! I can just sense how excited and nervous and axious you must be feeling. It is all so much fun! I'm glad you are getting going - don't work too hard and make sure you only let your husband do the heavy lifting and pushing (Like I'm your mother or something). Take care - see you soon. Kellan

Carey said...

How exciting! Hope Grace is doing better too!

Cora said...

You must be so happy getting ready for your new baby. How's Tiger doing? Is it almost a year without Bailey? My Sebastian left last March. See- a year later and now a new life in your life! Smile! -Cora

Sheri said...

Kellan,
I will definitely no be moving any furniture this time. I did last time. I moved furniture from room to room before. I am too wore out to do that now. lol

Grace is doing about the same. It has spread some more this week. But the original areas like the stomach seem to be getting a little better.

Cora,
Hey there! It is almost a year since Bailey passed away(May 8). I still think about her and miss her every day. I can't believe it is almost a year for Sebastian too. It doesn't seem like that long does it? Tiger had a follow up ultrasound a week ago and his bladder was free of the build up that he had. However, during the ultrasound they saw that one of his kidneys didn't look good. So, my vet is waiting on the previous ultrasound reports from the specialist so she can compare them. Hopefully there hasn't been any change since then. She also put him back on the antibiotic for another 4 weeks since he only did 2 weeks before and they suspect an infection. Other than that he seems to be feeling good.
Hope all is well with you. It is always good to hear from you.

Sheri

Sheri said...

Cora,
Do you have a blog address?

Kellan said...

Hi Sheri - thanks for coming by this evening. Hope you are feeling well and getting things done for the baby. Have a good Monday and I will see you soon. Kellan

Becky said...

You're in the home stretch now! Go ahead and "nest" but don't forget to get plenty of rest while you can!

Glad to hear your daughter seems to be improving a little, and that the cat seems a bit better.

How is little Dameron doing?

nancygrayce said...

You gotta hurry!!!