Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins



Why is baking so therapeutic? It is for me at least. I made these muffins a couple of days ago and not only are they are yummy, but are low fat and healthy. This is the first time I have ever made anything with pumpkin and evidently I like it. Here is the recipe:


4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/1/2 cups unbleached flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
12 ounces semisweet mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup-1/2 cup flax seed


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Mix together first 6 ingredients. In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Blend both together. Stir in flax seed and chocolate chips. Grease muffin pan or use liners, fill those babies up to the top. Bake 16-20 minutes. Mine were done in 17. Makes 24 muffins.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

OH... I love a good healthy yummy recipe!! Great job!

God bless-
Amanda

And great pictures BTW!