Wednesday, October 21, 2009

When they are quiet...

This always means trouble. At least it does in my house. Today was no exception. As I walked up the stairs I could smell it and Noah informed me. "Poo" And no, he didn't mean "Pooh". One dirty diaper taken off and smeared all over Grace's room. Children have a way of making you clean something that needed to be done anyways don't they? I have been meaning to get the the good ol' bissell out of the garage all week to clean the living room carpet.

This led me to search for a chemical free cleaner that I could use in the machine today. Vinegar! That stuff is good for cleaning everything. I even used it on my kitchen floors.

-------------------------------------------------------


Over the weekend we got our first taste of cooler weather. It was fantastic. But, now we are back to summer weather. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

Gotta go, another "poo" is calling my name. Ah, the joys of motherhood.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Your kids are SOOOOO beautiful!! WOW!!

But. I think I would have lost it if I had seen Poo all over.

Hope the weather gets cooler for ya!

Blessings-
Amanda

Danielle said...

UGH! Quiet is NEVER good. Never thought to use vinegar in carpet cleaner. Good idea

Becky said...

Oh, my...yes. Quiet means TROUBLE, lol.

Vinegar works really well. Especially if you use a brush to scrub it all out. I understand that hydrogen peroxide helps yucky stuff bubble up to where you can wipe it away, too, but you'd have to test for color fastness in a closet or somewhere first.