Friday, August 8, 2008

We spent all evening at the emergency room. My husband left a converter box hanging on top of the entertainment center. I was in the other room with Noah when I heard a thud and Grace started screaming. I thought she had just hit her head on the cabinet. But, I quickly realized that we both had blood all over us. I mean a lot of blood.

They did a cat scan on her. NOT FUN. They had to tape and hold her down. She was freaking out. But her head is fine. No stitches or a cracked skull. They said to just keep an eye on her tonight. Funny thing is, she didn't want to leave the place. Go figure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God Sheri. That could have been so much worse.

Poor Grace. :(

I hope she's feeling better today.

We were up at 2am with V, who suddenly had a fever. We couldn't find the Motrin, so R had to go out and get some.

Not quite the same, but no fun either.

Becky said...

Thank God she's all right and that it wasn't anything worse!

Head wounds bleed profusely, and always make things look much worse than they really are. But God did seem to make kids extra resiliant. He knew the kinds of scrapes they'd be getting into.

Kids have a way of scaring the wits out of their parents like this at least once or twice in their first three years (either with ER visits or calls to Poison Control). It's enough to give their mamas gray hairs!

Jane said...

praise GOD she is okay.

I remember when I was about 5 years old getting a small nick on my scalp....it hurt like crazy and bled for what seemed like hours!

still praying!

Carey said...

Poor thing! I hope she is doing better today.