Saturday, December 15, 2007




I took Tiger into the specialist this morning because he took a turn for the worse again. They had me leave him for the weekend
:(

He has been poked and prodded all afternoon and we are still not sure what is wrong with him. They are leaning towards a kidney/urinary infection and FLUTD. They also said he has an enlarged spleen and kidneys. My poor boy. They said he is pretty scared. He will be going through lots of tests in the next couple of days. It's hard since you can't tell him what is going on and he doesn't understand why he is there going through this.

4 comments:

MH said...

i'm so sorry to hear that sheri. i know how you feel. hopefully they can figure out what's wrong so at least you'll know.

Jane said...

our indoor male cat hat urinary/kidney issues two years in a row. Now that he is an outdoor cat, the issues have stopped. Boy cats have a high risk for kidney issues, especially if they are indoors. There is something that they get outside...I think from eating grass that helps to prevent the problem.

It is not fun to take them in...they just don't get it. Poor Tiger!

Jane said...

It is my honor and pleasure to pray for Dameron!

as for our kitty...okay large cat (22 pounds!) we gave meds till it cleared up...and we did change his diet while he was inside. But we have three other cats outdoors (and other various animals from the country side) so we can't afford to feed all of them the WAY expensive food. So they now get what is cheapest at Sam's club.

however, I don't recall if Mario ever had a spleen issue. how old is your Tiger?

Cora said...

I hope your Tiger is okay. I know how hard it is to leave them at the vets. My Duncan has the begining of kidney disease. I am giving him medications in his food. So far he is doing well. Keep us posted on Tiger and little Dameron. -Cora