The specialist called me today and said that Tiger is not doing well. His blood pressure and heart rate got dangerously high overnight. They sedated him and it went down a little. He had also not eaten anything since Friday night. With cat's, if they go a couple of days without eating they will get fatty liver disease. I asked if I could bring him his food and would not let me. They would not even let me come and get him. Ridiculous. They said all they could do at this point is insert a feeding tube. The doctor abruptly said "Well do you have anymore questions because I have a lot more phone calls to make". And not in a nice tone. I lost it at that point and hung up and cried my eyes out. You can't talk to people that way when they are in this situation. The girl that handles the bills called back later and got an ear full from my husband. They said they were going to insert a feeding tube free of charge. By the way, they still do not know what is wrong with him. I should not have left him there. He now is in critical condition and all that was wrong with him when I brought him in was he kept having the urgency to urinate. Something that could have waited until Monday with medication. I only left him because they insisted. Oh, and before I got the call from the jerky doctor today, they called me to tell me it would be a $1000 more. On top of the almost $900 I had to pay yesterday. I asked why so much and they said it was for through tomorrow midnight. I told them that there was no way I was not picking him up in the morning. I can't stop worrying about him. He is going through hell up there. I am hoping I can keep it together when I go to pick him up tomorrow.
Some good news:
Dameron was moved out of ICU last night and into a regular room. He is off the respirator and breathing on his own. He seems to be in some pain so they gave him some tylenol. He is also on antibiotics for the 2 infections he has. One of them is a staph infection. I have been unable to visit him since he is contagious. I am sure my sis is sick of me calling.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I'm glad your hubby gave that person the what for. It sounds to me like that Vet is trying to come up with some extra Holiday cash.
Praise the Lord that little Dameron's condition was downgraded! That's wonderful! We'll keep praying for him.
Post a Comment