My nephew Dameron is in need of prayers. Well, he is my great nephew. My sister is taking care of him now. He was very malnourished when she got him. He is 5 months old and weighs 10 lbs. He is very ill right now. He strains to take every breath, had or has pneumonia, and is asthmatic. The poor thing coughs and then cries in pain. They have him on breathing treatments but he is not any better.Tiger is still having urinary problems. We took him in on the 21st because he had blood in his urine. So they gave him a steroid shot and sent me home with antibiotics. He took a turn for the worse over the weekend. He has more blood in his urine and keeps having the urge to go but can only go a little if any. I took him back to the vet today and they did an ultrasound but could not see anything since his bladder is small right now. They gave him another steroid shot and sent him home with more steroids and antibiotics. They want me to bring him back in a few days when his bladder calms down so they can do a urinalysis. They have been unable to get any the last two visits. I am not sure that his current treatment will work. All they are doing is adding more steroids. If this does not work, I will be seeing a specialist. I am not going to mess around with something like this after what happened to Bebe. The vet could not rule out that he does not have a blockage.
I have also been sick for the past week. I was getting better but got very sick yesterday. I feel like I am going to cough up a lung and every breath hurts. I guess I have an infection now. But, there isn't much you can do when you are pregnant.
Praying that Tiger and Dameron get well soon.....
.




3 comments:
I will keep Dameron and Tiger in my prayers - Kellan
Prayers for all of you!
Awww, prayers that little Dameron and Tiger will both recooperate quickly.
My friend's cat had a similar problem, and it ended up being a result of eating catfood with flavor 'crystals' in it. The crystals caused some sort of urinary tract trouble as I recall.
They switched to wet catfood, as I recall, and the problem cleared up over time.
Post a Comment