Yesterday was a rough day for little Dameron. They had to take him to PICU because he wasn't able to breath on his own. The doctors even brought in a crash cart at one point. They have put him on a respirator and have him sedated. They believe that he has an infection in his lungs and he was just too weak to keep breathing. He is down to 9 lbs now. They say that he has the failure to thrive syndrome. We were able to go up there last night and spend some time with him. He was resting well and squirmed a few times. His heart rate and oxygen levels are good now. They have to suction out his lungs every few hours. He has not been given anything other than IV fluids. They told my sister they would try to give him some nutrients last night but didn't. This morning he still had not been given any. They were suppose to be checking on why. I am not sure why they are not concerned about him not getting any food. Especially since he need to gain weight so badly. He had a restful night which he needed. He keeps kicking the covers off of his feet LOL.
It is a good thing to see him being feisty.
I don't think I could thank all of you enough for the prayers you are saying for Dameron.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
This just breaks my heart! My daughter, Alexis, was in the hospital for 10 days when she was 5 months old with RSV - after about 6 days, I insisted that our Pediatrician do some blood work on her to make sure there wasn't something else going on, as she wasn't doing better. They found something, because they then began to give her IV antibiotics and she made a complete turn - they never told us what they found (we never really pushed it) - I think they didn't want to admit that she probably had something else all along (as well as the RSV virus) and had neglected to test and treat her. She recovered fine after another 5 days. I never understood why they didn't just automatically begin antibiotic regements on those children that were not improving - just in case - what can it hurt.
I hope they figure out what is wrong with this sweet little Dameron - I just can't stand him being so sick. And they need to feed him - right!!! Take care and I will continue to keep him in my prayers. Kellan
still praying!
Post a Comment