
Dameron is still at Texas Children's and they do not know what is wrong with him. He seems to be getting worse and is in a lot of pain. He had an ultrasound this morning and they are worried about him because he is very lethargic. He has not been vaccinated so it could be anything. He was around relatives who go back and forth from Cambodia and they think he might have caught something from them. They have done a test for Pertussis and TB but the results have not come back yet. His illness is very life threatening at his point.
Please keep him in your prayers and for the doctors to have the knowledge to find out what is going on.
Thank you




6 comments:
Oh Sheri, I will say a prayer for your little nephew. My heart breaks when I hear that children are so sick like that and also that his parents abandoned him. I hope they find out what is wrong soon and I hope that you also start to feel better. Just keep thinking about that little bundle of joy at the end!! As we know they ARE worth it! :-)
Thank you Sandy. That is so sweet of you. It is so hard watching a baby get so sick. The doctor said today that they are worried that he will have emotional issues because of what happened with his parents. They said that he will need a lot of extra attention to get past it.
I am feeling better each day too. Everyone has been worried that I have caught what he has since I have been so sick for weeks.
Sheri, I found your prayer request over at Noah Steven...I will be praying and checking your blog for updates.
Oh Sheri - my heart is aching for this precious little boy - I just want to go to him and hold him tight. That is the sweetest picture - I sure hope the figure out soon what is wrong with him - he is just a little angel. I will be praying for him - I am praying right now! Take care. Kellan
I told my husband about little Dameron last night, so he's praying, too. The little guy looks remarkably like my older son did at that age, so we can't help but to pray for him.
Prayers that the tests will reveal the appropriate course of action to treat him and for good doctors with great wisdom in treating the little sweetie, and that he'll be healed very soon, and that you don't have the same thing.
And be sure to take care of yourself, too! I know it's hard, especially this time of year and with family life pressing in, but just like on airplanes you have to put the oxygen mask on yourself first before helping others...you gotta take care of your health if you're to be healthy enough to help others.
Sheri,
I pray for healing for Dameron. I pray for strength in his little body and wholeness. I pray for wisdom for the doctors and I pray that the parents of your nephew will be strengthened as they may have to start researching themselves...the beginning of this story sounds similar to Noah's. Have they sent off stool samples to the CDC for botulism or other infectious diseases? The frustrating part about traditional western medicine is that they don't treat a patient unless they have a diagnosis. If you aren't opposed to it, would you mind emailing me his symptoms? I don't want to upset you in this, I've just done hours of research and would love to help, in addition to prayer, in any way possible.
Post a Comment