Monday, March 17, 2008

I am still only dilated 1cm. Sorry Jane. lol That is ok. I am in no hurry to have sleepless nights and days!
Today my husband's boss sort of threatened him. He told him that he will have to have better staffing before he can go on vacation when this baby is born. Even though everyone is quiting because of the new assistant manager that his boss has hired to work with my hubby. In fact, my husband is finally looking for another job because of her too. I thought that the family medical leave act protected you in this kind of situation. I am not aware that they can keep you from taking a leave in this type of situation.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, I've never heard of that. You ought to contact the labor board, or the office that governs such things in your area, and see what your rights are. That's a federal act, so it should definitely be protected.

My husband suggested that you should document every comment made (the boss saying that he can't unless they have better staffing, etc.) when, and precicely what was said, etc. so that if anything happens, your husband would have a case against them in this.

Your husband should not be deprived of his family leave act simply because the company can't keep employees on staff for OTHER reasons.

Hang in there, girl...that baby will come when he's good and ready!

Andrea said...

That kind of stinks about what your hubby's boss is doing! Hopefully he can definitely get the time off that I"m sure he deserves!!

Sheri said...

Becky,
I will make sure we document that. Good advice. I also told him to call his human resources dept and ask them what he needs to do on their end to get a medical leave not a vacation. I don't like his boss using the word "vacation" instead of medical leave. Like we are going to disney world. It isn't negotiable.

Jane said...

oh well...I can always continue to pray...heeeheee!

I agree with Becky...document EVERYTHING!

You aren't going to Disney? I bet it would send you into labor! I know all that stimulation would send me into labor, and we know I'm not even pregnant!

Praying for you!