Monday, March 24, 2008

Well, I made some progress this past week. I went from 1cm to 3. I guess this baby is coming this week. Maybe? She asked me if I was interested in inducing and I said no way. At least she asked unlike my last doc who said he was going to induce on a certain day without even asking me what I wanted. I believe God will bring this baby into this world when he wants to and if there isn't a life threatening situation, there isn't any reason to induce.



Tiger has an infection. He had a kidney infection a couple of months ago and took several weeks of antibiotics then. But, with the stress of the cat outside stalking him and not drinking enough water, his bladder has quite a bit of mucus build up(he has FLUTD). He is being a big baby today since he went to the vet. He is sucking up as much attention as he can. I think going to the vet makes him appreciate us more when he gets home. lol



Grace is having the worse diarrhea I have ever seen. She is so sick of starchy foods at this point she won't eat them. Any suggestions besides rice, crackers, bread, and mashed potato's?

4 comments:

Becky said...

When Judah was sick the last time, I couldn't get him to eat anything substantial, and made fruit smoothies in the blender (with yogurt and frozen bananas and apple juice mixed in) and then added in a quarter cup of dry oatmeal to the blender. Let it sit for a few minutes to absorb the liquid then puree til smooth. This gives the thickness of a milkshake, adds a bit of bulk and was tempting enough to get some fluids into him, too.

Andrea said...

I'm quite excited to hear the news about your little one arriving! :) And good for you for not wanting to get induced! They always want to induce here too...and I do NOT want to get induced for the "convenience" of it. And I hope Grace is feeling MUCH better soon! When Tate had the flu we fed him bananas and applesauce too. Applesauce is especially good because there is some liquid in it and both of these work for helping to stop diarhea or vomiting as well. I'll be thinking of you!!

Jane said...

3! YEAH! I'm with you, let him come out when He is ready for his arrival.

I'm with Andrea...applesauce and bananas. My mom used to give us jello water for the fluid and sugar...not sure that is PC now days.

I LOVE lightly buttered or olive oiled spaghetti when my stomach is upset....had tons of it in my single days of to many LONG nights at the bar.

and I always love saltines or ritz crackers!

Carey said...

I can't wait to hear the news about your new addition...hopefully soon! Sorry to hear about Tiger, I know how the kitty's are when they go to the vet!

I would say for Grace, bananas, yogart and or applesauce...all those are great for diarrhea. Which I think everyone else suggested too... ;)